Thursday 27 June 2013

First Blogger Post.


I have kept a journal since I was 16 years old. Indeed I still have all the old diaries so I can look back at the person I was at a given date.

Last January 2012. I started sharing my 'journal' online via WordPress.com. http://redpanda08.wordpress.com/ I had hoped that it would become a record of the daily avian species that visit my inner city garden, of my holidays to UK zoo's and also accounts of my many days out with fiance David. 

However 2012 was not the best year for myself. In March after booking a weeks holiday to Norfolk to visit as many animal parks and zoos in the region. A week or so before I was to leave for the motorways with David, my father sadly became ill with pneumonia (and other complications) and died midweek when I would have been away. Luckily I had cancelled the holiday to be by his bedside. My WordPress blog continued to record the bird visitations to my sunflower seeds, mealworms and fat balls. (It became a bit of a distraction). 
Dad (Graham) and I
In May, David and I 'finally' got the keys to our first house, so the remainder of the year was filled with painting and decorating and demolishing!
David and I with the house keys!
However the final months of 2012 was a bit of a disappointment, with my work at the University of Liverpool drying up as my main student fell ill in October, meaning I had to claim Job Seekers support for three months as I had no other students and no other hours! Cooking and baking became my 'new' distraction.'


Chocolate roulade.
Cherry trifle.










Mid 2013. I am in a far better place. We are almost nearing the end of the renovation to the house. David and I have got it 'just so!' 


The Dining Room.
I have also just completed my second week in a new placement at the Royal Liverpool Hospital as a Support Worker for a sight impaired admin officer. So far so good. I am enjoying the work and it could possibly be more permanent than the university work. Alongside this I am also invigilating the odd exam at the university of Liverpool, which I also enjoy! So work wise I have lots going on. 

Outside of work I am currently nearing the completion of a 'romance' novel I have been writing since January but life seems to be getting in the way of finishing it. I have three dates to look forward too for days out!

  • Summer Classics in the Park: 23rd August. Hopefully the summer will come back and bathe Sefton Park, Liverpool with lovely weather as I want to see the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic perform some well known classics.
  • Southport Airshow: on the 15th September. Hope to go and see the Eurofighter visit once again.
  • British Musical Firework Championship in Southport: 5th October, hope to visit on the Saturday. This has become a regular date on the calendar. 

Garden bird visitations: I have several Goldfinch charms visiting my sunflower seed feeders and they are now starting to bring their babies. Just now (7.30pm) I have seen at least three babies all begging for food! What a racket they make!



I also have a new regular to the fat balls, a male House Sparrow. So with a day off work planned tomorrow. I hope to catch a glimpse of 'Jack' Sparrow and get video footage of him for you. While I also plan on baking a fruit mousse cake for Wimbledon!

But this evening I am kicking back and relaxing, listening to Hans Zimmer's 'Man of Steel' soundtrack while enjoying a glass or two of Pinot Grigio!

No comments:

Post a Comment